Building & Construction
Please click here to submit an inspection request.
SUBMIT YOUR PERMIT ONLINE** (Permit Portal)
**Applications submitted online through the Permit Portal will add you to the queue faster. However, submitting a physical application and plans is still required.
A Building Permit is required for all new construction, alterations and demolition within the township, including porches, patios, decks, swimming pools, and sheds. Prior to starting any work, the homeowner must obtain the appropriate permits and forms from the township for the proposed project. Please also note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to become familiar and comply with all Township Ordinances, including but not limited to the Zoning Ordinance, the Subdivision & Land Development Ordinance, the Natural Resources Protection Ordinance and the Stormwater Management Ordinance.
- Building Permit Application - includes Electrical, Plumbing, Demo, Pool, Spa & Hot Tub and more
- Mechanical HVAC Permit Application
- Sanitary Sewer Permit Application - Lateral Connection
All permits listed above require the following attachments for every contractor/subcontractor:
- Current Certificate of Insurance (COI):
Must list Easttown Township as the Certificate Holder, and
Must list Liability Insurance
Show Workers' Compensation Insurance - if exempt, Affidavit must be fully-executed and attached
- Current PA Home Improvement Contractor (HIC) License
In lieu of an HIC License, all contractors (commercial and residential) must register with the Township. Contractor Registration Form
- Zoning Permit Application - includes fences and signage
- Floodplain Permit Application
As of September 29, 2017, Floodplain Permits, in addition to other applicable Township Permits, are required prior to any construction or development being undertaken within a floodplain. For background, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) updated its Floodplain Maps and required Easttown, as well as all municipalities, to update its floodplain regulations to comply with its new Floodplain Maps and to meet the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) new minimum floodplain requirements. Using the statewide floodplain ordinance model provided by the Commonwealth, Easttown adopted Ordinance 428-17 on May 15, 2017. By adopting this Ordinance, it allows the NFIP to continue making flood insurance available to Easttown residents. To check to see if your proposed project falls within a floodplain, please visit http://www.chesco.org/2198/ChescoViews or https://msc.fema.gov/portal. For questions regarding Ordinance 428-17 and/or the Floodplain Permit Application, please contact Eugene Briggs, Zoning Officer, by telephone at 610.687.3000 ext. 109 or via email.
- Road Occupancy Application
- Engineering Sewer Permit Application
- Building Appeals Application
- Standard Specifications for Construction of Sanitary Sewers and Appurtenances - effective February, 2019
- Submittal Guide for Commercial Projects