PLEASE BE ADVISED:
All permitting forms have been updated for 2023. Applications revised prior to December 2022 will NOT be accepted. Additionally, permitting fees were updated in the most recent Easttown Township Fee Schedule.
SUBMIT YOUR PERMIT ONLINE* (Permit Portal) - The permit portal adds you to the queue faster, and allows for online payments. HOWEVER, a completed and signed application still needs to be uploaded to the portal or submitted to the Township in person or emailed to email@example.com.
Unsure if your permit application is complete? Use the Application Completeness Checklist.
Building permits are required for proposed changes that are governed by the Uniform Construction Code. For more details, please refer to Chapter 160 Construction Codes, Uniform of the Township of Easttown Code and the 2009 International Residential Building Code, 2008 National Electrical Code, and Act 45 of 1999 of the State of Pennsylvania and all amendments, collectively known as “Codes.” All Construction is required to meet applicable provisions of these Codes.
- Examples of projects that may require a Building permit include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical installation, repair, replacement (i.e. lighting, outlets, car chargers, etc.)
- Mechanical installation, repair, replacement (i.e. Furnace, Air Conditioning, etc.)
- Roof replacement or repair
- Interior Renovations (i.e. remodeling, finished basement, etc.)
- Adding accessory buildings/structures (i.e. decks, garages, pools/spas, etc.)
- Expanding buildings/structures (i.e. home additions, covered porch/patio, etc.)
- New Construction
- Demolition (partial or full)
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
- Building Permit Application - Click here for a pdf of project-specific requirements.
- Mechanical HVAC Permit Application - For projects limited to mechanical work only.
- - For projects limited to roof repair and/or replacement only.
- Sanitary Sewer Permit Application - Lateral Connection - For plumbing between the principal building and public sewer main.
- Engineering Sewer Permit
- Building Appeals Application
All building permits require contractor information (general contractor and all subcontractors) to be submitted with each application, regardless of previous submissions. Required contractor information includes:
- Pennsylvania Home Improvement (HIC) License for each contractor
- Alternatively, Contractor may register with the Township
- Certificate of Insurance showing Easttown Township as the Certificate Holder for each contractor
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance showing Easttown Township as the Certificate Holder for each contractor
- ONLY IF EXEMPT, a Workers’ Compensation Insurance Affidavit must be completed in lieu of worker's compensation insurance certificate