Trash & Recycling
The Township's goal is provide you with continued quality trash and recycling services. Easttown Township contracts with a hauler to collect trash and recyclables from residential properties and apartment buildings of three units or less.
- Recycling containers are provided to residents by the contracted hauler and are available through the Township.
- Trash receptacles are the responsibility of the property owner. Residents are allowed up to eight (8) 64-gallon covered containers per collection day.
Trash and recyclables must be placed curbside by 6:00 AM on your scheduled date of collection. Empty containers must be removed before 8:00 PM the day of collection.
Trash, Recycling & Yard Waste Information
- 2022-2023 Collection Schedule
- Residential Quarterly Rates for Solid and Yard Waste pick-up
- Easttown Township Trash and Recycling Rules and Guidelines
Please see the Trash & Recycling Calendar for the holiday collection schedule.
If you have a problem with trash or recycling collection, please call the Township at 610-687-3000, and Staff will address any issues directly with our current hauler, Republic Services.
- ALUMINUM/STEEL CANS (flattened when possible) - beverage cans, emptied/punctured aerosol cans
- CONTAINERS - resin codes 1-7 only
- GLASS BOTTLES/JARS - clear, brown or green (empty and rinse - labels can remain)
- PAPER - e.g. cardboard/cardboard containers, clean food boxes (wax liners removed), corrugated boxes, magazines, newspapers, tearable envelopes, school or office paper, shoe or gift boxes, telephone books, wrapping paper (non-metallic)
Combine all papers, flatten or cut boxes to fit the recycling bin. Larger corrugated or cardboard boxes must be cut and flatted into 2'x2' pieces.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Items that don’t belong in the recycling can damage sorting machinery, causing expensive delays. Also, when the wrong materials get mixed in with the right ones (known as “contamination” in the recycling world), it reduces the value of other recyclables that were sorted correctly.
- Aluminum foil
- Any material with food debris
- Batteries of any kind
- Blue glass
- Coat hangers
- Colored-in coloring books
- Drinking glasses
- Food or grease-stained pizza boxes
- Glass cookware or bakeware
- Hardbound books @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Light bulbs
- Machine parts
- Metal folding chairs and shelving
- Microwave oven trays
- Motor oil bottles
- Non-tearable envelopes
- Packing peanuts
- Paper plates, towels and napkins
- Perfume or cologne bottles
- Plastic plates, cups and cutlery @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Porcelain or ceramics
- Six-pack rings
- Styrofoam of any kind
- Thermal fax paper
- Wax-coated paper or cardboard
- Window or auto glass
- Wraps and packaging @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>