Trash & Recycling
Easttown Township contracts with a hauler to collect trash and recyclables from residential properties and apartment buildings of three units or less. Trash must be placed in covered containers and residents are allowed up to eight (8) 64-gallon containers per collection day.
2020 - 2021 Trash, Recycling & Yard Waste Schedule
- Residential Quarterly Rates for Solid and Yard Waste pick-up
- Easttown Township Trash and Recycling Rules and Guidelines
Trash and recyclables must be placed curbside by 6 am on your scheduled date of collection. The empty containers must be removed before 8 pm the day of collection.
There is no service on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If a holiday falls on your collection day, trash and/or recycling will be picked up on Wednesday of that week.
Bulk items will be collected on your scheduled trash day. For more information, please click here.
Wax coated paper or cardboard, any material with food debris, batteries of any kind, styrofoam of any kind, mirrors, window or auto glass, porcelain, ceramics, glass cookware & bakeware, microwave oven trays, drinking glasses, perfume or cologne bottles blue glass, plate glass, light bulbs (NOT CFL's - see Household Hazardous Waste Collection), Plastic containers not numbered 1 through 7, wraps and packaging, six-pack rings, motor oil bottles, plastic plates, cups and cutlery, and plastic shipping peanuts. Aluminum foil, plates, tubing, tools, machine parts, metal folding chairs and shelving can also be thrown in the trash. Also throw away paper plates, towels and napkins, food or grease-stained pizza boxes, colored-in coloring books, thermal fax paper, non-tearable envelopes and hardbound books. No coat hangers, wire, household items such as toasters, cookware, bakeware, electronics.
Place in the Recycle Bin: clear, brown and green bottles and jars. Please empty and rinse containers, leave labels on and remove neckbands and metal lids. Recycle plastic containers numbers 1 through 7 only, which includes most soda, milk, juice, water. and detergent containers. Empty and rinse and leave the labels on. Aluminum and steel recyclable items include food and beverage cans, emptied and punctured aerosol cans. Empty, rinse and leave the labels on. Aluminum cans can be flattened, if possible. Paper and cardboard including newspapers, magazines, tearable envelopes with or without a window, school and office paper, telephone books, corrugated boxes, shoe or gift boxes, clean food boxes (with the waxed liners removed), nonmetallic wrapping paper, orange juice, milk and cardboard juice containers, and paper grocery bags. Combine all recyclable papers, flatten or cut boxes to fit inside the recycle toter. Larger corrugated or cardboard boxes must be cut and flattened into 2' x 2' pieces.
Remember that it is Single-Stream Recycling and all of your recycling can be tossed into the toter without separating. It can't get easier than that!
If you have a problem with trash or recycling collection, please call the Township at 610-687-3000. Please do not call Waste Management directly.
Later this month Waste Management Inc. (WM) will be completing its final contracted service year with Easttown Township (Township). We thank WM for being such a fine partner over the life of the contract. Pennsylvania’s contracting law require that the Township solicit bids for this type of service. In June of this year, the Township issued a Request for Proposal and then reviewed bids submitted by several contractors. In July, the Board of Supervisors awarded a new contract to BFI Waste Services of Pennsylvania, LLC (also known as Republic Services), as it provided the lowest qualified bid, which the Township was obligated to accept under Commonwealth law.
Please note the following:
• Republic Services (Republic) is the parent company of BFI. The trucks that will service the Township will be Republic trucks.
• WM will complete its final trash and recycling services to the Township on September 30th and Republic will begin providing its trash and recycling services on October 1st.
• The schedule for collection of both trash and recycle materials will remain the same during Republic’s service as it was during WM’s service.
• During the week of September 21st, Republic is scheduled to deliver your new Republic Recycle Tote to replace the old WM Recycle Tote. It expects to complete the delivery no later than September 25th. The size of the new Republic Recycle Tote is the same size as the old WM Recycle Tote. Starting October 1st, please put your recyclables out in the new Republic Recycle Tote.
• WM plans to collect its old WM Recycle Tote along with your recyclables on the last day of your regularly-scheduled pick up date of September 24th, 25th, 28th or 29th. On these days, simply put your recyclables out in the WM Recycle Tote.
Trash and Recycle Transition Update (10/6/2020):• Waste Management (WM) indicates that it will collect the uncollected WM recycle totes on Monday October 12. If your WM tote remains uncollected then place it out near the street (curbside) for pick up by WM on 10/12. • If your trash, recycling, or yard waste is not collected on the day assigned for collection then kindly contact Don Curley (email@example.com) or Linda Navarro (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Township’s goal is to provide you with continued quality trash and recycling services. For updates and general information during this transition period, please visit the Township website at www.easttown.org. For specific questions, kindly call Don Curley at 610-687- 3000 ext. 114 or email him at email@example.com.