Each resident is eligible for one (1) free bulk pickup per week on their regularly scheduled collection day. A $25 fee per item will be charged for any additional bulk items. To schedule an additional pickup or to get more information about acceptable bulk items, please call the Republic Services Bulk Pickup Line at 303-286-5400. Please have your bulk items staged curbside by 7:00 AM on the day of your pick-up.
General Rules and Guidelines
Bulk items will be collected on your regularly-scheduled trash/recycling day.
- Bulk items include, but are not limited to, hot water heaters, sofas, rugs, mattresses, furniture, etc. - no single item may weigh more than 250 pounds.
- One bulk item per weekly collection is allowed. As a general rule, if you purchased your item as one item, it may be disposed of as one item (E.G. mattress/boxspring). A 3-piece living room set, however, would be considered three (3) items.
- Bulk collection does not include commercial trash or any construction, demolition, or renovation debris. Private hauling arrangements must be made to dispose of these materials.
For items not accepted by Easttown Township's contracted hauler, contact Chester County Solid Waste Authority for additional disposal resources at 610-273-3771 or visit their website https://www.chestercountyswa.org/.
Tue May 30
Wed May 31
Thu Jun. 1
Acceptable Bulk Items
include, but are not limited to:
- BBQ Grill
- Bagged yard debris (i.e. grass clippings)
- Baby Crib (wooden)
- Coffee Table
- Dresser (small/large)
- End Table
- Garage Door @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Hot Water Heater
- Lawn Mower
- Love Seat
- Mattress/Box Spring
- Porcelain sink
- Porcelain toilet
- Sleeper Sofa
- Washer/Dryer @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Not Acceptable Bulk Items
include, but are not limited to:
- Air Conditioners
- Appliances containing coolants
- Cast iron
- Chemicals (i.e. oil-based paint)
- Construction Debris
- Dirt, rocks, bricks
- Electronics (i.e. cell phones, computers, televisions)
- Exercise equipment (i.e. weights, treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Glass doors or windows
- Hazardous Waste
- Medical Waste
- Porcelain Tub
- Windshield @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Carpets and pads must be cut and rolled into three-foot wide rolls not to exceed 25 pounds per roll. Ten rolls of carpet and/or pad will constitute a single bulk pick-up.
- Garage doors must be broken down into 4-ft sections. Each section= one bulk item
- Lawn Mowers cannot be retrieved with oil or gas inside. All fluids must be drained.
- Mirrors and glass objects shall be taped or otherwise secured and small enough to not pose a risk to the hauler.
- Please see the page titled “Appliances Containing Coolant” for more information.
- Electronic Waste cannot be disposed of in landfills or incinerators. Please see the page titled “Electronic Waste (E-Waste)” for more information.
- Republic Services does not collect Household Hazardous Waste (HHW). Please see the page titled “Household Hazardous Waste” for more information.
- A prescription medication disposal unit is available through the Easttown Township Police Department. Please see the page titled “Medication Disposal” for more information.